Friday, May 29, 2009

Far, a long, long way to run...

Sunday I ran farther than I ever have in my life. I finished the Med City Half-Marathon. http://www.medcitymarathon.com/ My finish time was 2:25:10, which I'm quite happy with for a first attempt with minimal training due to life (family, work, travel, etc). My one regret is that I don't live in a flatter area, Rochester has far too many hills. I ran for the first half and split time walking/running for the second half. With about a half mile left my groin and calf started acting up and for the last couple blocks my hamstring shut down. I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to run across the finish line, but it loosed up enough to keep running. It was a very rewarding experience and I'm looking forward to the next one with a goal of not walking at all. Maybe in August...

Dayne is hilarious to watch dance these days. It's more of just bouncing up and down with all his might while a huge grin is on his face. It makes Carey and I laugh every time we see it. I'll try to get a video posted. He also seems to need less sleep than everybody else in the house. I can't wait until he can get up by himself...

Kaelin is into Transformers these days. He has Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and Shockwave from the Transformers Animated series. Every night before bed he comes to the door numerous times to have them transformed back and forth. I'm very happy to oblige. :-) He's also very excited every time he gets to wear his Transformers big boy underwear.

1 comment:

bjkail said...

Congrats on the half-marathon!

I was apparently watching TV while you were running. The cable company sent a signal to my DVR to interrupt me while watching a pre-recorded show to alert me that a female runner had gone missing, and then cut in again 15 minutes later to announce she had been found...