Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fifth Annual Hunting Trip

This last weekend represented the fifth annual deer hunting trip. Mark, Scott, Mike and I went up to Chris and Troy's land to clean it of it's deer infestation.

Troy's representation of his land, reality may be skewed...









Mark, Scott, Mike and I's representation, reality not skewed...













This year Troy's land changed from intensive harvest, which means that we had to apply to a lottery system in order to hunt does. Since only one of us applied early and for that area, noone could shoot a doe. Mark and Mike saw one or two does (could have been the same one), Mike saw a buck and missed and I saw a buck and missed. Maybe next year...

I did manage to get one thing though, a new rifle. In prior years I was borrowing Troy's booby trapped .273, but this year I go my own 30-06. I'm fairly pleased with it. It has a tight trigger which fits my twitchiness when firing.

No comments: