Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ahh...

It's the first night in weeks that we've been able to open the windows and have the AC off. And all we hear is: crickets, the news, each of us typing and no children. We had the Twins on, but they're sucking it up like they did last night.
Tonight we went to the neighboring church for National Night Out. Met some new neighbors, ate some hotdogs and icees, and Kaelin tried out some new things: sitting in a fire truck and jumping in one of those inflatable jumping things. He's had opportunities before, but wouldn't go unless his new best friend, Macguire (next door neighbor) went with him. And then we couldn't get them out. Who wants to go home and take a bath when you can jump, jump, jump. And Dayne just ate his cheese and bagel and watched.
Tonight was also my last night of sand volleyball. It's been an interesting season. It was fun, but certainly not the skill set that I prefer...it's Jungle Ball (ask Jeff and Luis about that sometime). And some of the players on our team are kind of babies...like to sulk and complain. So, while I will miss it, I will gladly wait for our winter team to get back together to play at a higher level.
We went to the fair last Friday for IBM day---take advantage of free admission and food tickets. Let's see...that fed 1.5 of us. Anyway, the highlight of the fair was: the food (ask Kaelin if he liked his corn dog), the "Jumping Jumbo" ride and riding on Bobo the Camel (Kaelin and I did that). It's enough for 1 time per year. But Kaelin wants to go back and ride the rides again. Maybe we'll go to the State Fair.
it's time for bed...it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday. I'll figure out how to add pictures to this thing later.

No comments: