Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gencon

So I made a little trip down to Indianapolis last weekend. I've had periphery knowledge of conversions for various things, but never spent the time into learning more about them. Gencon is a gaming conversion primarily focused on non-electronic game systems. In particular the big hitters are Dungeons and Dragons and Magic. While there I did some dungeon delves with Tony and Brett, learned to play the board games Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan (thanks to Brett and Jeff) and sat in on a number of talks. Also it was fun to see one of the favorite authors (Tracy Hickman) in person, even if the show was not quite what I expected. These are some of the typical sites...





It was a fun time. I managed to be the odd man out two of the days by wearing Minnesota sports shirt (the Vikings were playing Indy while we were there), but then "fit in" by pulling out my Transformers tee shirt. :-)

No comments: