Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's not the heat...

I've found a good balance for exercise lately. I found that working out in the morning had gotten too hard to manage with getting kids ready (sleep is nice too...) and working out at night wasn't happening due to 1) being tired from work and playing with the kids and 2) usually having to continue work at night (my free time). So I'm now jogging at IBM over lunch time. I had done this to some degree last year and found it worked well, but this year I'm trying to jog two to four times a week. Typically I go one of two routes, either around the IBM facility which I think is about 3 miles or north over to where West Circle Drive meets the Douglas trail then back on the trail. I'm not sure how long the second route is but it seems longer. IBM has a fair locker room to change/store gym cloths/shower so that helps. However today I overdid it. It was 90 and very humid as it tends to be in the middle of the day in summer. By the time I got home I felt sick and couldn't do much anything but sleep. Luckily Carey was nice enough to watch the kids and after much rest I'm feeling better now. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon which is a long ways off, but I'm targetting a 5K on August 16th as a first step.

No comments: